I rented a space to store my vehicle. The area was well lit but after storing my vehicle there for a week, it was broken into and the in-dash radio and gps was stolen.

I didn't even get a sorry from the facility.

Including the damage to the dash and window replacement the cost was over $2 grand.

After we started investigating the thief, it appeared that people are using the storage garages for living purposes.

The area does not have adequate security, and the owners are not forth coming on the security issues on their site. I would not store any vehicles of value at these facilities.

Review about: Public Storage Storage Unit.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Comments

hello citizens for storage reform. it's good to know stuff before speaking about it.

neither willis nor sedgwick offer insurance on a vehicle.

that's solely the customer's responsibility. storing a vehicle also requires paperwork specific to storing a vehicle and it's all spelled out, nothing hidden, the customer has only to pay attention.

We have a question which is now being developed by some of our membership. Have you taken any pictures of the area, or did the insurance claims adjuster?

Which company is handeling the claim? Is it Willis or Sedgwick? What our general recommendation is is to take pictures of everything, record the issue, and make out a police report. We also recommend making out a map and noting where the cameras (if installed) are and what is showing on the video.

We would like to hear from you, our email is storagereformer@yahoo.com. We are developing a number of recommendations and soon a web page.

Hope your insurance covered this issue. We have a question, did you also have the Public Storage Insurance?

If so, did they pay? We have heard that Willis refers to Sedgwick CMS in auto and trailer issues.

We would like to hear more, our email is storagereformer@yahoo.com. Thank you.