My mom's home was flooded during Hurricane Harvey. A few months prior she was diagnosed with Dementia.

After the storm, I moved her furniture into a 10x25 unit at the Public Storage in League City, off League City Parkway. The rent was $199. Less than 6 months later, they raised the rent by $40. By this time, we had placed my mom in a facility.

I called, explained the situation and asked for a break on the rent. They denied my request. I found another storage facility with U-Haul for a slight smaller unit for $189 a month. I called Public Storage to move out.

I wasn't able to get all of her things out before the end of the month.

There was only a bedframe, a really old tv and a few glass table tops without the table. I arrived at the storage early on the 1st to finish getting everything out and was able to access it no problem. I needed one more trip to get the last items at which point it was around 11am. They had locked me out.

I asked the lady at the desk nicely to make an exception, again explaining the situation I was in because I really didn't have any help trying to get the remaining items moved. She said if I let you in, it will cost another month's rent. Just to get something out that was pretty useless to anyone else. It took all of 30 mins for myself and my nephew to remove the remaining items.

They are trying to hold me accountable for $239.

Public Storage is greedy and only care about the money.

They wouldn't even prorate and allow me to pay for one day when I offered. I will not be paying them another dime because at this point I have nothing to loose since my mom's furniture and belongings have been removed.

Comments