Abdullahi Mmn
map-marker Cherry Hill, New Jersey

Miss treated by an employee

The storage is in my sister's name but I pay for the storage unit all my belongings are in the storage unit I practice my guitar there when I can I was told I had to leave I am not allowed to hang out at the storage unit I pay for the storage unit it's open from 6am until9pm I believe I am intitledto come and go as I please in the time the storage is openthe employee refused to give me her full name her first name is Amanda she works at the public storage on Hooper in brick town njand she's very rude

User's recommendation: Be careful which public storage you choose check out the complaints first

Featured
Natashia J Apm

Verified Reviewer

Poor customer service/unleanliness of facility

Public Storage - Poor customer service/unleanliness of facility
Public Storage - Poor customer service/unleanliness of facility - Image 2
Public Storage - Poor customer service/unleanliness of facility - Image 3
Public Storage - Poor customer service/unleanliness of facility - Image 4
Original review Apr 02, 2024

4/1/2024 @4pm-6pm the attendant was unprofessional and rude. Did not ask who the tenant holder was before addressing us.

Spoke to us in a repremanding manner and disdain for an action of a small trash bag. The sign says no DUMPING which should be changed. The facility has been filthy for the entire year I have been there. Bathrooms are not open at all times and there's no where to place small trash.

The sign is behind a large dumpster which I have never noticed. Her behavior of yelling, raising her hands and walking away was unprofessional and rude.

Price increase has just been effective and why? It's definitely not for the convenience of customers.

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: I should have complained sooner. This is not her first time of poor behavior. Maybe then would she know she can't talk to customers in that way.

Featured
Jillian R Pcm

Management/facility/prices

Public Storage - Management/facility/prices
Public Storage - Management/facility/prices - Image 2
Public Storage - Management/facility/prices - Image 3

Hello. We are continually having issues with the PS on Miami Beach 69th.

This time we went it to pay our bill and waited almost an hour for someone to come in. Weve had issues with the automated payments where you would tell us there was a card issue so our Manet was late and slam us with late fees. So now we pay in person because the systems cant be trusted. Having to one there to either assisting in paying bills or renting units is ubsurd.

While I waited at 1:30 est I observed two roaches crawling on the walls. The elevator is still not up to code for 6 years of expired permits.

Now you are all running a special but continue to raise our rent. We want to speak to a customer manager service.

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Do not use public storage.

Phillip Sc

Verified Reviewer

MAJOR rate Increase, 2nd time!?

Public Storage - MAJOR rate Increase, 2nd time!?

I'm writing this message because my storage unit rate jumped by almost $50 again, and this is absolutely unacceptable, especially after being an extremely loyal customer for well over 2 years now.

Unfortunately this continued price gouging gives me no other option other than to give notice that I'll need to move out by the end of this month unless you can stop, or at very minimum, delay this price increase by another year. I cannot afford to continue renting with you.

I have found units that I can prepay for half your current rental rate in the Seattle area, at the same size.

If you need to escalate this to a manager or regional manager, please do so.

Cons:
  • Expensive
  • Price increase
  • Price gouging

User's recommendation: AVOID if planning to rent a unit longer than 1 year

Nia T Mli

Fraudulent charge

Public Storage - Fraudulent charge
Public Storage - Fraudulent charge - Image 2
Public Storage - Fraudulent charge - Image 3

To whom it may concern,

I recently moved my items out of the public storage unit located at 3375 n Druid hills road. My unit was infested with rodents because rodent *** were all over my items (I have photos and videos).

With that being said, I am in the process of filing a claim. However, due to my bed being cover with rodent *** I had to throw it away as well as other items. My movers placed them in the dumpster on the property. The bed did not completely lay flat due to the dumpster being partially full.

The employee at the location named Ro decided to charge me 500 dollars for a cleaning fee. Nothing was left in the unit and all of my item were placed in the dumpster. I have the photo of that as well.

If you can remove that charge off my account that would be great. If you all can do an inspection of this public storage property because the conditions are unacceptable.

Thanks,

Loss:
Cons:
  • Bad service

Preferred solution: The 500 charged removed and a refund

Guest

That dumpster is not for your use. You are not entitled to a refund.

Victoria B Ywg

Complaint about service and lack of

So today I went in and cleared out my storage unit because the stuff in there wasn't even that valuable and I was paying $100 a month. I went and with protective gear, gloves hat socks over my pants hoodie a broom and bug spray.

The only bugs I really saw were like Daddy Long legs and that doesn't bother me it's an outdoor storage. Once I cleared out my stuff took it all out of its old packaging and put it in new packaging and loaded it into my car, I got to the last box that was at the very back of the unit and inside was my notebooks and just some personal papers. I had to throw that entire box away because it had been eaten from the bottom up into the box and several different places there are holes all throughout the bottom and there was Brown caked on matter that was most likely *** I kind of just charged it to the game, took it in stride, I put the that box and some empty boxes back inside the unit until I could find a dumpster. I took my key and my lock went to the office no one was in there, I dropped my key and my lock in the box labeled lock Dropbox and I thought that's what I was supposed to do.

Before I did that I called and no one answered I left a detailed message that I was clearing out my unit and leaving closing out my membership and that I would do it officially on the app which is what the voicemail said. The manager called me on the way home told me to come back and get the key and that I shouldn't have put it in the box that's labeled " lock Dropbox." I still can't get over that why do they have that box there if it's not to put your locks in and there are no other boxes. So I got home I started thinking about it decided I'll go back and get the rest of the stuff and throw it away, but first I called to make sure she would actually be there for me to interact with her face to face. She said she would be there and I said do you have a dumpster there and she said yes but it's not for customers.

Okay so this lady wanted me to come back, pick up a dumb key and a lock that I can't use anywhere else, take all the trash and put it in my car, which I was going to do until I started to let it sink in that there were diseases on my stuff and I didn't want to ride in the car with that and the fact that she said I couldn't use the dumpster was the tipping point I guess. I said I'm not putting that Rhoda infested box in my car, and I repeated it more assertively I said I am not putting that box in my car to breathe in and get sick. I then asked for a number somebody else that actually had some power to do something about this situation and she gave me one of the many numbers online that don't do a thing you cannot reach a person no matter how hard you try no matter what option you select no matter how long you sit on the phone. The only way you can talk to a person is if you go on the app select the most complicated options and then finally a live person will eventually chat with you but it always took me a couple of tries because it always said sorry a live person is not available.

Once I got Joey on the chat I let him/her know the whole story via text, I asked is there a person I can call and talk to you I need to speak to a human like face to face and there is not such a thing. Joey said I will have the district manager call you. Well somebody called me their accent was very thick, I do not hold this against anyone ever I just simply could not understand her so I asked her to repeat the last part of the sentence because it was sounded like a question and I didn't know what she was asking. She hung up on me.

I had to go back on the app a couple of times before I got another person in the chat, they said they would just add on the details I gave and to just wait for someone to call me. The problem is, they want me to put that rodent infested stuff in my car they want me to touch it and drive around with it when they have a dumpster on the property and if I don't take it out of the facility they're going to continue to charge me $100 a month for A rat's nest. Never mind the fact that the stuff that was destroyed cannot be replaced, thank God it wasn't pictures. If it was mold I could understand, if it was wet if it was damaged from moisture I can understand, but living creatures eating my belongings?

I'm not seeing how I should be okay with that. And even still there's no one I could talk to to make it better. My friend worked for a storage company started in Columbia South Carolina and moved to Greenville South Carolina, she loved the company she worked for.

Public storage bought it, offer to let her keep her job for $20,000 a year less. This company is no good and I hate the fact that places like this exist.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Introductory price is reasonable
Cons:
  • If you find yourself needing help no one is there

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Find somewhere else, and if you have to use them wrap everything and super thick plastic. I wish they would have just told me that.

Almeta Vic

Verified Buyer

RATE INCREASE- RIP OFF!

Public Storage - RATE INCREASE- RIP OFF!

I started my rental 4/2/23 with a (supposed to be) online special 10x25 for $160/month. May 23 the rent increased to $180!

Then 3 months later in increased to $246. A few months later it increased to $294! Today marks one year I've been renting! Within one year my rent has increased $134 which is absolutely ridiculous!

I called and spoke with someone in the escalation dept. She tells me they can increase the rent 6months-a year anytime with no cap on how much! Offered to reduce my rent back to $246/month for 3 months then it will go back to $294 and continue to increase as much as they want it to! You guys are r***** people!

Your CUSTOMERS are the people that is keeping your business open! Regardless if it is a month to month basis, you shouldn't take advantage of this! I'm about to move my things and would not recommend anyone using storage facilities such as this one if you don't have to.

Some people don't have a choice and these people feed off of that! It's outrages and I will be speaking with my friends at the city commissioner's office and some others to find out what we can do about these ludicrous contracts and these online promotional SCAMS!

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: If you don't have to- don't store in self storages! It will cost you!

Guest

OTP is not coming to my WhatsApp

Resolved
Mark A Xci

Resolved: Nothing Works

Updated by user May 17, 2024

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology. The operational problems with the storage facility were eventually resolved.

Original review Apr 17, 2024
I have a unit at the Centennial Colorado unit in building #3 and the east exit door will not open from the inside. Third time I got locked in and had to use the exit on the opposite side of the building and walk all around. Next time I will pull the fire alarm. Also, the gate is broken on the exit side so anybody can drive in. What am I paying for?
Pros:
  • Good location
Cons:
  • Gates and unit building locks dont work

Preferred solution: Fix the facility

User's recommendation: Find someplace else

Theresa j Xwh

They have poor management at locations. But keep charging more for *** space.

Public Storage - They have poor management at locations. But keep charging more for *** space.
Original review Feb 01, 2024

They didnt show my payment when I paid.

App and website dont give balance owed correctly. Site is awful.

It freezes up and opens chat but no one there. Then it showed a balance past due of $323.

Then it shed to pay $50. Then when i refreshed it said pay $129. Then I refreshed it it says pay $20 then I refreshed it it says pay $380.

They raised rent so many times with no notice

I was Paying $253.

but now it says $272. plus $108. $380 total.

Bill due on Feb 1st. Not later until feb 5th.

I pay with credit card but yet I get this message saying payment from checking didnt work from checking.

I checked bank card online and payment was taken.

But didnt sure up on site. I called customer care but doesnt want to let you speak to anyone. Tries to send you to property manager who isnt on site.

A while back I was not more than 30 days late and they cut my locks. They rummaged through my stuff which is inventory.

It was a mess and things ruined. Things missing.

I am going to rent someone else and save money and not be abused.

I was renting with these people since the 70s for my business. I use to have more storage and larger storage with them. I have one left that I will be out of this month.

I am using another location now and have three large storage units with them.

Always nice and half the cost. Oh yes..

and climate controlled. Public storage space is not and only a 10x15.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Still trying hard to think of one
Cons:
  • Feel unsafe
  • Fees and price increases without notice
  • Bad management

Preferred solution: Fees removed and price reduction. I’d like a refund on over paying and loss when they cut my locks too.

User's recommendation: NOT even if they paid me

Londa D

6 months renting from Public Storage

I wasn't aware of my storage cost increasing until after it had gone up. I have only had your storage for 6 months. That isn't fair to the consumer. Right now, I'm going through financial trouble. I understand raising the rent after a year, but 6 months is too soon. Please adjust my rent back to the original monthly payment of $89.00. Thank you.
Pros:
  • Proximity
Cons:
  • Going up on your storage after 6 months after renting

Diana M Psx

BEYOND POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE

I CANNOT REACH A HUMAN IN ORDER for this company TO STOP SLAPPING FEES AGAINST MY ACCOUNT. THE LOCAL OFFICE "THEY JUST DONT KNOW" SO FIRST I GET GIVEN THE IT SUPPORT NUMBER ? MEGA HELPFUL. NOT!

NEXT WE GIVE ME THE CUSTOMER SERVICE NVER WH I CH IS ALL AI DRIVEN CANNOT REACH A HUMAN UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

THERES TONS OF OPTIONS IF YOU WANT TO RENT! HELP AFTER! IF THERES AN ISSUE YOU ARE ON HOUR OWN.

I AM SO SICK OF PEOPLE SHOVING ME OFF TO AI TO MAKE THERE LIFE EASIER.

INCIDENTALLY, THAT CUSTOMER SERVICE NUMBER YOU GAVE ME SENDS ME.IN A VIRTUAL

LOOP WHICH GOES RIGHT BACK TO THERE LOCALOFFICE. "WHO SIMPLY DONT KNOW" THATS ACTUALLY THE RESPONSE I GOT!

WHEN ARE PEOPLE GOING TO STOP LETTING AI RUN YOUR BUSINESS!

THESE PEOPLE HAVE CHARGED ME FEES THEY WERE NOT ENTITLE TO AND CHECK FEES THEY ARE NOT ENTITLE too I am TRYING LIKE *** TO RESOLVE THIS BEFORE THEY SLAP MORE FEES ON. BUT UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES AND BY NO MEANS CAN YOU REACH A HUMAN TO DISCUSS THE ISSUE

THEY RANK RIGHT NEXT TO TEMU! HERE YOU PURCHASE ITEMS. PAY AND WHEN YOU NEVER RECEIVE YOUR MERCHANDISE THERE IS NO WAY YOU ARE REACHING A HUMAN EITHER! IM OUT OVER $150 IN NEVER DELIVERED MERCHANDISE AND ITS THE SAME AI DRIVEN MESS.FIND A STORAGE THAT EMPLOYEES KNOW THERE JOBS! "I DONT KNOW " SEEMS TO BE THE UNIVERSAL ANSWER

Loss:
Cons:
  • Total lack of knowledge by employees staffing office

User's recommendation: Anywhere else

Vivian B Die

Verified Reviewer

Have a problem with account,need help

Public Storage - Have a problem with account,need help
Public Storage - Have a problem with account,need help - Image 2
Public Storage - Have a problem with account,need help - Image 3
An employee rammed the storage door in the middle of October 2023, broke door & several of my stored items. My November rent was increased & nothing but problems since. I have been patient, but my patience is gone.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Agrivation

Preferred solution: I was promised a free month rent, but was given a rent increase

User's recommendation: Find a different storage facility

Natasha L Oih

Verified Reviewer

Need to be in contact with corporate and can’t get ahold of anyone

I need to be contacted by corporate about a payment issue that my location can not or will not help me with. I have always paid early and need to talk to someone very soon.
Loss:

Preferred solution: To talk to someone about my upcoming move out

AEspinoza A

| map-marker Schaumburg, Illinois

Rude employee disrespectful and uses profanity language

This black dude who is new working at the storage units is very very unprofessional he is always talking to people using the f word and he did something very bad today he called the cops and told them. I wasnt allow in the unit simply because he is a manager (which he is not) and lied about everything and cops had to get me out when there was no reason for him to do that

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Be aware of this danagerous person

Resolved
Lashun J Ysr

Resolved: Disappointed

I pay my storage bill every month on time for the past several years never missed a payment. I get a notice through a email you're charging me $50 for a combination lock for what and I have two locks on there? I can see if, I was not paying or late please make it makes sense!!

Preferred solution: Don't touch my unit locks. And an apology plus they need to drop that $50 fee they're trying to charge me for a combination lock they're planning on adding on my unit.

Patrick B Kjm

Non climate control

Updated by user Apr 19, 2024

I believe they misled us and because I did not read or fully understand the rental contract the took great advantage. They even raised my rental rate to greater than advertised prices.

Once you are captive ,they know it is difficult to moved and hike the charges on a routine and constant basis.

I am taking my things out, getting an attorney and will pursue this to my finance detriment,because I truly believe they told me half truths. Never would I trust them again.

Original review Apr 05, 2024
I store antiques in my storage locker in Fairless hills#2175! I was promised consistent temperature. I just went to inspect my unit. My antique furniture is ruined by the lack of temperature control. Thousands of dollars of prime antiques ruined by the lie of climate control. It was 42 degrees when I got there. Others have told me it never works,yet you continue to take my money. I have contacted an attorney who is willing to persue my complaint. I will first give you the opportunity to make this right.
Loss:
Pros:
  • No pros just cons

Preferred solution: Full refund

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article