Additional Services

When I brought up my account to pay my monthly rent, I noticed the amount was much higher. I tried calling the office, but did not get a reply, so I paid my usual monthly amount, thinking it must be a typo since I did not receive any notice of an increase.

2 days after they received my payment, I received an email saying I only paid a partial payment and therefore still owed an additional $48. I don't have the $48., I receive monthly SS and it's a fixed amount, if they had notified me of an increase in advance, I would've worked something out to pay it until I could rent some where cheaper.. Is there a law on notifying storage renters?? My rent went from $123/mo to now at $162/mo, in less than a year and a half..

Does anyone know if there is anything I can do? The Public Storage facility is located in Cranston RI ??

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I didn't like: Rent was increased by.

Comments

PeacefulAardvark

You were notified in the lease that you signed. The actual increase notice was sent either by mail or email.

Check spam folders if it wasn't in your regular email. You account ledger shows the way you were notified. If you have moved and not updated your info with them, they are not at fault.

If it was in your spam folder and already automatically deleted, they are not at fault. Your rate will increase yearly.

Rent increases without notice are not valid. Keep everything in writing. No phone calls.