Back in 2010 after being scammed from a landlord on a rental property we were forced to put our possessions in storage. Afterward we were served in a law suit in which a bankruptcy was our only option.

Our attorney suggested putting any and all our debts in the bankruptcy. This also included putting our storage units in the chapter 13 and forwarding documents through our attorney office to the storage place. The storage place in turn after receiving proper notification still sold our storage units in which not only settled our debts, gave them a large profit. This was illegal and has never ever been resolved.

I supplied the storage company with proof of all our items as well as photos in which they are now claiming statue of limitation issues. The disheartening thing for my family we were already burned by a bad house deal in which we fought in court, then to now be told their is statue of limitation issue. I questioned the entire process because they were illegal from then until now. They were properly notified and blame manager changes for their delays.

It really was a stall tactic in order for them to further break the law. I received my third rejection from them and a run around from Lisa Madigans office for consumer complaints.

How does a company be allowed to break the laws then hide behind the very laws they have broken? I think this large machine should be taken down and made accountable for every law they have broken.

Product or Service Mentioned: Public Storage Storage Unit.

Reason of review: Lack of communication.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Nov 30.

Comments