2450 S Nova Rd, South Daytona, FL 32119, USA
Additional Fees

This company raised the rent with NO extra services or reason and then charged me a hideous late fee even after paying on time for months. Customer service was poor.

They also advertise climate controlled and the unit is not climate controlled. False advertising? The office is closed frequently, during business hours with a sign saying be back at ____???? Do they understand that poor customer service leads to reviews like this and changing providers.

I'm hoping the manager will refund my late fee and provide answers asap. I'm telling everyone I can about their lack of service and arranging to change my provider as soon as possible.

Product or Service Mentioned: Public Storage Customer Care.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Oct 09.

Comments

They raise your rate because they can. It's in the lease.

Please take the time to educate yourself by reading it. If you do not like the terms, then please, for the sake of your own sanity, find a relative's home to store your things or just purge items that you can live without. Not sure if the facility you mention is climate controlled or not, not all are. Climate control is in regards to temperature, not humidity if that was the issue.

As far as no one being in the office, often times there is only one person in the office. There should be a clock in the window with the time they are coming back. If you can not wait, I'm sorry, can't help you with that. If it is PAST that time, bad on the employee.

Reasons we need to leave the office: Required lunch time mandated by the labor board of that state. We have to punch out and have the allotted time uninterrupted. If we work while punched out, we can be terminated. That IS monitored.

They will know if we are working off the clock. We may be in the washroom, we may be doing the required property check, we may be doing inventory in the company space, we may be helping a tenant at their space, we may be showing/renting a unit to a customer.

Don't threaten to move, just do it. They will sell your stuff in a Florida minute, if you do not take care of this right away.

to Anonymous #1594352

They sell your stuff you you do not pay your monthly rate. All the storage facilities apply to the Lien Laws of their respective state.

Educate yourself, read the lease, find out what happens when you don't pay and what the timeframes are. Consumers need to educate themselves, everything is there in the small print. You just have to read it.

Sadly, most don't and that is not the fault of the storage facility. They are doing everything that the law allows them to