Additional Fees
Additional Services
Turnaround Time

I have been renting a storage unit from PUBLIC STORAGE, In St. Louis MO which contains my Life's-Valuables for approximately 1 year @ a rate of $191 per month.

I incured a late fee every month after having to pay my storage Rental Fees after the first of the month, due to my becoming disabled after being hit by a drunk driver while walking across the street! I received a phone call today from a lady named Sid. She left a message on my voice mail, stating that needed to I call her "Today Because It Was Urgent." When I Called PUBLIC STORAGE, Sid Wanted To Know, When Would I Be Paying My $368 Storage Rental Balance. I Had Just Paid $191, On October 31, After Receiving Several Phone Calls From Her In October.

There Was Never A Mention That The Lock Had Been Taken Of Off Of My Storage Unit! Yet, Today She Told Me To Bring A Lock For My Storage Unit. I Asked Her Why Did I Need To Bring A Lock. She informed Me That My Lock Had Been Cut Off Of My Unit.

I inquired When Was The Lock Cut Of Off My Unit And Why Hadn't I Been Informed In The Many Conversations We Have Had In The Last Three Months. For Clarity I Have Called James Demarko, The District Manager, In September, October & November Yet, I Have Not Talked To Him Yet!. I Believe That PUBLIC STORAGE IS ATTEMPTING TO UNDERHANDEDLY AUCTION OFF MY BELONGINGS! Their Motto Is "KEEP ALL THE STUFF YOU LOVE AT PUBLIC STORAGE.

Yet, Their Business Practices Are Contrary To Their Motto. I Feel Betrayed By PUBLIC STORAGE. I TOTALLY REGRET THAT I INTRUSTED MY VALUABLES TO THIS COMPANY.

Rev.

Vickie Caldwell, St. Louis Metropolitain Clergy Coalition

Product or Service Mentioned: Public Storage Storage Unit.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Nov 16.

Comments

PeacefulAardvark

Read your lease. It clearly states that when a lien is put on your unit for non payment, they take ownership of the belongings until payment is made, which means the cut the lock off.

They follow the Lien Laws of your state. You can google what that entails. They do everything legitimately and within the lien law of your state. Rent is due on the 1st of every month, regardless of any personal hardships.

You signed the lease agreeing to thier terms. The lease is a legal contract that they do not waiver on. They are only doing what the law allows and what you signed off on when you rented the unit. The only way to avoid late fees and auction, pay your bill on time every month.

If you can't afford the storage fees, pay up, set up a vacate no late than before close of business before the office closes and make sure you vacate in the office before leaving. All storage companies follow the lien laws of their respective state.