2.5
Additional Fees
Additional Services
Turnaround Time

Good afternoon, I have had a storage unit in houston going on 4 years. Last week my mother became sick suddenly, we traveled nearly 3 days to idaho but we're to late and she passed before we could make it.

That week I made contact with my storage facility to let them know of the situation and that I might move my unit. We have decided to do that and are moving to idaho from houston. I talked to a rep at my storage facility on the 2nd she told me I could move but have to pay for the full month, even if I'm nearly moving my storage facility from one state to another.

This completely left us at a loss knowing that such a large corporation wouldn't have the vision to recognize a customer in need and would prefer that they choose another competitor over doing the human decision and assisting a customer. Public storage image is that of a friendly neighborhood company that is there for their customers so why is my image of your company that of one with disregard for their customers especially in a time of despair.

Product or Service Mentioned: Public Storage Customer Care.

Comments

My sincere condolences on your loss. But like any company, they are in the business of making money.

If they let you move on the 2nd of the month and not pay a full months rent, they would have to do it for everyone. The terms of the lease are for all tenants, not some tenants, not someone going through a difficult time etc. As hash as it is, rules are rules and they will not deviate from them for anyone. I'm sorry.

As a Property Manager myself, there are many many times I wish I could break the rules for someone that truly needs it, but we can't. The company would fire me and hire someone that follows their rules.

There were times I may have bent a rule or two, only for it to bite me in the *** and I ended up in trouble. I can't afford to do that.