I was a leasee for six (6) years at the Public Storage loaction at 4300 Boulder Highway. The onsite Manager, Chanti had previously attempted to auction my unit over a year ago, while I was attending my Mother's funeral.

In spite of numerous complaints to the corporate offices, this individual has never been reprimanded for unprofessional behaviour. She constatnly Robo dialed my cell phone. I paid my monthly rent on line with my Debit card, and I have maintained records. Unbeknownest to me, I discovered through the customer service department that my unit ws sold.

It contained EVERTYTHING that I owned including sensitve tax documents, expensive furniture, electronics, cookware, clothing, etc. I am ACTIVELY seeking an attorney so that I can sue for the value of my items as I lost EVERYTHING.

Product or Service Mentioned: Public Storage Storage Unit.

Comments

PeacefulAardvark

Read your lease. The "on site manager" does not and can not sell your unit or anyone else's.

Auctions are done by the district manager upon approval of the regional manager. They both review that the required delinquent calls were made and that lien and auction information was sent either by mail or email. The lease states that you agree to resolve disputes in arbitration or small claims court and are waiving your rights to a class auction lawsuit. Office employees can not, do not have the ability, to "robo call" anyone.

The only way for your unit to be sold at auction is for non payment. One could possibly think that you were not paying on time and monthly.

You don't need an attorney. Just go to Small Claims Court, even if the amount is higher. Attorney fees would be too high.