Featured Not resolved

I'm 90 yrs old and rented a climate controlled unit to put my belongs in when I moved in with my son and daughter in law. We went to check on things 5 mos later and EVERYTHING is mildewed because of improper ventilation.

Contacted corporate Public Storage office and spoke to Danielle Jones who has done nothing to resolve issue! I've been paying $150 per month for a facility that has improper ventilation that ruined my belongs and they have offered no assistance. I'm not physically able to move items to another unit, inventory all items and/or clean them. I can't even get confirmation that ventilation is now working.

They don't care about customers.

I was their very first customer when they opened this facility this year......had cake and picture taken with them. Don't use them!

Product or Service Mentioned: Public Storage Storage Unit.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

Even interior units have ventilation issues. Throw in a power failure or two that's all it takes to for moisture to build up and never leave.

I always store stuff on a shelf, wood blocks, hard stryofoam packing etc which allows for circulation under.

Also stuff near an ac vent is more susceptible to mold because the cooler surface will always attract moisture. When that ac is not running those cooler items will attract moisture.My guess is they told you should've bought insurance or file a claim?

I don't see any milldew.