A) The PUBLIC STORAGE facility flooded due to gross negligence by management/owners WHO DECIDED NOT TO HAVE A FLOOD-WATER RETENTION POND ON SITE. These ponds store the excess water until the drainage system can handle it's removal.

They are required by Federal Law.

B) The PUBLIC STORAGE management did not notify me for 12 (twelve)days after the flood. This caused my valuable furniture to be severely damaged by the extended exposure to the trapped water and humidity, leading to mold, mildew, and other pathogens to permeate deep into the antiques. ALL THEY NEEDED TO DO WAS TAKE 2 MINUTES TO SEND AN E-MAIL NOTIFICATION TO ME.

THEY DECIDED INSTEAD TO SEND A FORM-LETTER VIA USPS FROM CALIFORNIA TO SOUTH CAROLINA, CAUSING THE AFOREMENTIONED 12-DAY DELAY. Properly notified, I could have, according to numerous experts, PREVENTED 90% OF THE "NEGLECT" DAMAGE!

Comments

The same thing just happened to me. My unit got flooded and they waited 6 days to call.

Everything i own is ruined.

I could have salvaged so much more if they would have called me sooner. Did u ever sue?

Suggest you contact the insurance and a lawyer. Also both states atty general consumer protection unit.

Also get those items protected asap.

Do not try to take care of this yourself. Too many are taken advantage of by these companies because they do not use the proper professional.