Additional Fees

I booked a 10x10 unit today in Bridgewater NJ. I got a call from the manager to schedule my appointment and asked for the exact rate of what I would be expected to pay.

She gave me rate (which I said I was frustrated with that certain fees were not disclosed on the website). I voiced my frustration to her that this should be clearer on their website. I then kept my appointment and drove a half hour with my 18 month old son to go get the unit. When I arrived she then told me it was going to be an additional 20.00 because I needed to buy a second lock on the door.

I said that was not ok and that it should have been disclosed to me on the phone. She then argued with me saying how was she to know the unit would have a second door. It escalated to a full on argument where I tried to call my husband to get him involved, and could not reach him since he was working on the project we needed the storage unit for. She then asked why I was still there and that she didn’t need to be yelled at, that she would call the cops if I didn’t “f’ing” leave.

I eventually left after I called customer service from their office.

I am an extremely calm and rational person, to get me this heated takes a lot. To use profanity in front of my son is unacceptable.

Product or Service Mentioned: Public Storage Manager.

Comments