User Rating: 1 out of 5 stars

by Seanhooper 11/11/2010

All that I can say about this establishment is do not use them...They have done nothing but harrass my friends as they help me move my stuff into the facility, charge unruly late fees and lock me out of my unit. There is a large rat and mouse infestation at this site. I have many good pictures of how my stuff looked as it was removed from this site its was all to depressing. I moved all of my stuff from this site after having to deal with the district manager Rus Rojjas who was all but helpful.. He came down just to sit there and try to make his employee look good while trying to make me look bad...He failed at this because im no pushover when I beleve im right. He then cut my lock the day I got my stuff out witch left me with a week to remove the last items, When i left they put there own lock on the unit and I was not able to get the stuff out on there time. When the month was done they decided to charge me another month. When I spoke to them about it they told me that i was to come in during bussness hours and get my stuff after i paid another month. I told them you locked me out how am I suposed to get my stuff out they told me that its policy to have a lock on the unit.....That would have been great to know By the district manager Rus Rojjas when he cut my lock off himself....But nope he just cut it and went on his way with no type of concideration of knowing I needed a lock to be there on my unit for a mattres table wheel barrow and some garden tools. The storage facilty managers name is Sara B. She was nothing but rude to me and my friends who helped me through out the months of storage. I even got the cops called on me one night after a phone call from them, they said to the police that i was going to kill them...HAHAHAH wow would a person really do that..Nope why would i say that i want to kill a person over a couple of old things...Well I wouldnt!!! So there was nothing done the cop just told me RESPECFULY to try to DEAL with them, I told him it was a lost cause...Please ask as may questions as you can befor dealing with any public storage!!

Review about: Public Storage Storage Unit.

Had an Experience with Public Storage?

Comments

Barnsbury, England, United Kingdom #225213

I have to speak from a VICTIM’s perspective. I’ve been a customer with PStorage since 1995. Maintained my payments for many years, incurring the late fees, but managed. Came close to loosing one of my units last year, but through God’s Grace, the DM worked with me. They still had the auction, but I agreed to have full payment by 12 noon a few days later, and I was able to save my unit. I moved out at the end of month. My other unit, (I had 4 units)another close call. That location worked with me. Had me signed a release form, and agreed to move out at the end of month by closing time. Had to pay balance in full. Anything left after closing, it became their property. I managed that. Did not loose any of my possessions. That location also was understanding and worked with me. My remaining 3 units. Allow me to share: All with same company, PStorage. The past 2 years has been most challenging. Had to come to rescue for my family members in a different state. Long story short, my brother was found in Wisconsin with a Stroke. My other brother had major legal issues that I had to incur for Legal counsel. My son’s best friend was undergoing major legal drama where if his mother had not called upon my assistance, the results would have been devastating. I assisted each circumstance. It cost me a bundle, but I assisted. Had to take care of my mom, who was diagnosed with Cancer. Through the financial and holistic support of assisting her and other outside obligations, my...

Based on this experience, it appears that each storage unit has their own policy. I will pursue them. For what they have taken from me, does not have a price. The employee their by the name of Trina would not allow me to speak to the manager regarding my personal paperwork that was returned. She as an employee had no right to disposed of my personal paperwork. At my other unit where my things were lossed, they said they retain personal there for 7 years. Trina says 30 days. Yet, when my things were sold on the 7th, I called them on the 8th and the 10th, and they said no one returned my things. She then calls me a week before Thanksgiving and says I have to pick them up. I told her I could not get there that week and would be there in 2 weeks, she stated, we're not going to hold them that long. Public Storage - this policy they have of selling off peoples possessions, NEEDS TO CHANGE. I've loss 2 units with them. The one in January, something had to take place the months thereafter, as they put a STOP to all auctions for 3 months because of some legalities. My research is now beginning. I am not dismissing this. I look forward to a Legal Process with you and the Employee and Manager of that Location. You were wrong!

What I don't understand, you can have a public auction and sell to a STRANGER at a price as low as $5.00, yet you are not willing to work with the tenants there, and allow a structured payment plan. And, if they pay only $5.00, you still have the audacity to send a bill for the balance still due. THIEVES. This has to STOPPED. I can only speak for myself, as I've experienced 2 storage losses with Public Storage. But what about many others. I see the complaints. Absolutely devastating.

STORAGE LOSSES

7700 BALBOA AVE and Oxnard & Sepulveda

10x20 SIZE.

DESCRIPTION VALUE

1) BLUE VINTAGE BICYCLE $ 100.00

2) 32” COLOR TV $ 350.00

3) ARMOIRE W/ PERSONALS INSIDE $ 350.00

4) VIDEO COLLECTION OF OVER 300 VIDEOS (CLASSICS TO CURRENT) $ 4,500.00

5) CLASSIC VIDEOS (PERFORMANCES, B/W, BROADWAY, ENTERTAINERS OF PAST) $ 2,500.00

6) FABRIC COLLECTION (VOLUME) VINTAGE TO CURRENT $20,000.00

11) PERSONAL WARDROBE COLLECTION (CLOTHING & SHOES) $30,000.00

12) PERSONAL JEWELRY COLLECTION $10,000.00

13) COSTUME COLLECTION (STORE INVENTORY) HEAVY VOLUME $50,000.00

14) TITANIC COLLECTION (AUTOGRAPH PHOTOS, PHOTOS, ITEMS) $12,000.00

15) ORIGINAL SHEET MUSIC COLLECTION – SIGNED & UNSIGNED (1900-1950’S) $ 2,500.00

16) VIC DAMONE SCRAPBOOKS VOLUME I & VOLUME II (SIGNED PHOTOS) $10,000.00

45) MOVIE POSTER COLLECTION $ 500.00

46) FRANK SINATRA COLLECTION $ 3,000.00

47) SAMMY DAVIS JR. COLLECTION $ 2,500.00

48) RAT PACK COLLECTION $ 700.00

49) BILLY ECSTINE MUSIC COLLECTION (TRUNK LOAD OF SHEET MUSIC/PHOTOS $ 25,000.00

50) COLLECTION OF HOUSEHOLD ITEMS & STORE ITEMS (TOO NUMEROUS) $ 75,000.00

MY MOTHERS EUOLOGY DOCUMENTS FROM FUNERAL

MY STEP-MOTHERS EUOLOGY DOCUMENS FROM FUNERAL

MY FATHER’S EUOLOGY DOCUMENTS FROM FUNERAL

FLOWERS COLLECTED FROM MY PARENTS FUNERAL IN WICKER SUITCASE

IMPORTANT PERSONAL DOCUMENTS (FAMILY AND/OR OTHERS)

FAMILY BIRTH CERTIFICATES PRICELESS

76) SET OF (2) PROVINCIAL MAHOGANY DISPLAY STANDS $ 295.00

77) THOMAS KINCAID PAINTING (FRAMED) $ 495.00

78) ASSORTED ARTWORK (FRAMED) $ 1,000.00

79) ASSORTED MOVIE POSTERS (HOLLYWOOD NOSTALGIA) (COLLECTIBLES) $ 2,500.00

80) RARE AUTOGRAPH CELEBRITY PHOTOS (FRAMED)

JOAN CRAWFORD

81) RARE TITANIC VOICES CD $ 100.00

82) WICKER CHAIR SET - COLLECTIBLE SET $ 600.00

83) ORIGINAL ART PAINTINGS AND 4 ART PAINTING STANDS $3,000.00

84) HOUSEHOLD COLLECTION – ITEMS NOT MENTIONED ABOVE $10,000.00

This is my History of over 30 years. This was a collection of inventory accumulated over the years to eventually open a Hollywood Museum and Costume Store.

There was inventory that was purchased and never even open, just stored in boxes until DREAM was manifested.

I just want my Possessions returned. I don’t know who purchased my items, I don’t know what it sold for, I don’t know what was returned, and the employees at this location refused to give me any information. My ENTIRE Household…GONE!

These itemized losses only reflect my storage unit at this location.

What I loss at the Oxnard and Sepulveda location, was, for starters, over 50 UNOPENED BOXES of Mannequins, collectible, rare and unique. Wardrobe collection of Sammy Davis Jr, Frank Sinatra, Marilyn Monroe, Charlie Chaplin, Lucille Ball, Props from Paramount Studios and Warner Bros, Portable Spa Units, Pictures, Hollywood Stills – Photos of old Hollywood, dating back to the 1900’s and so much more. This was my collection, that I collected over a period of 30 years…and now it’s gone. To “demographics” that do not have a clue and simply looking to sell at Flea Markets, etc. Yes. It hurts! I can’t believe Public Storage can get away with such actions and not be held accountable in some way!

No amount of money can replace what I’ve loss with these 2 facilities. The bottom line, I lost apart of my history.

:cry :cry

I can believe that the on site team went out of their way to harrass the people as they moved out.What I have seen in Public Storage is a poorly trained, badly interviewed, and willing on occasion to live in a tiny room, staff.

Attacking the victim in many forms appears to be a company wide game.If I could take over the situation I would overhaul the hiring process from top to bottom and get people who are capable of providing a real customer service base.

AS I read this posting, I find that I support the renter.Apparently, the renter was moving out and then was denied access to their unit by means of a management lockout.

How can a person owe money on a rented space which does not allow access. If there was a problem, then the company should have contacted the renter and worked out the problem.

Probably the rodent problem put the onsite staff into self protection mode.I would suggest a police report and possibly an attorney.

I would say, just a minute!As I read the post, the victim was moving out, had their lock cut, and then could not get into the unit to move out.

If you cannot access the unit then there would appear to be no agreement since the company has taken control of the unit and access is denied. Also, I read this to say that the on site staff tried a police report to be dirty. I would suggest that the victim file a police report themselves. Lock cutting appears to be a popular game at PS.

There are state laws about this.

How about the rat and mice problem?I would say that these people need to follow the law and rules of the game.

I am a former employee of Public Storage.PS policy is to cut your lock for non-payment of rent.

You should have been given notice of this by telephone. This policy is also stated in your lease. It is very hard to tell exactly happened in your case because your post is so badily written. Did you take pictures of the rodent dammage and submit a claim thru your homeowners insurance?

The biggest problem I found with PS is that they did not send invoives in the mail. It's basically up to you to remember to pay your rent unless you choose to have your rent paid automatically from a credit card or by bank draft. I did not agree with this policy but is in your lease agreement and should have been explained to you when you signed said agreement. I always belived cost cutting move by PS and a easy way to charge late fees to people who forget to pay.

In Georgia you were usually given till the 10th of the month to pay your rent before any late fees were issued on your account. We were also required to remind you by telephone about upcomming late fees and possible lock cuts (Usually done the last week of the month). Having said this, I am NOT defending PS but this should be a lesson well learned.

The lesson being READ the contract before you sign it.Almost %100 of customer complaints I had were by people who wanted to rush in and out when renting without allowing us to fully explain the contract.