I was not informed that if you sign a Public Storage rental agreement before your move in date, then Public Storage will charge you for all of the days prior to your move in date.In other words if you sign your rental agreement on the 18th of June to secure your unit, but will not move in until the 1st of July, Public Storage will charge you rent for all of the days up to your move in date, which is insane and evil.

You are not made aware of this trickery until after you have moved in, and then they spring the trap. Because now they can deny you access to your property until you pay this ridiculous rent that comes before your actual rental date of occupancy. Now, in less than 5 months later they are increasing my rent from $169 to $187 just out of the blue with no explanation. The local office referred me to the district manager who has not responded with an explanation.

I will be moving my property to another storage facility with ethical business practices.I believe they are doing this to me because they think I am trapped at their facility without the financial means to move my property ASAP.

Comments